You will love this fabulous, ultra creamy, vegan coconut cream pie.
This entire recipe is 11-ingredients! That is not bad for a 3-layer pie with decoration! Amazing! This super easy recipe is 3-layers of coconut goodness topped with toasted coconut. Vegan, gluten-free and fantastic offering for your loved ones during the holidays.
2 cups Walnuts
1 cup Dates (packed)
1/2 cup Dried Coconut
For the Coconut Pudding Filling:
1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
3 Tbsp Organic Non-GMO Cornstarch
1/4 tsp Organic Pink or Lava Salt
1 Can Organic Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1 tsp Vanilla
For the Topping:
2 14oz (400ml) Cans Coconut Cream (chilled in the fridge overnight)
6 Tbsp Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
For the Toasted Coconut:
1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- Add the walnuts, dates and dried (desiccated) coconut to the food processor and process. It will start out crumbly and then will gradually form into a sticky dough. When it’s sticky enough to be forming clumps, transfer to a pie dish and pat down, working it up along the sides as best you can.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- Prepare your filling. Place the cornstarch, coconut sugar, salt and coconut milk into a saucepan and whisk to combine. Heat on medium high heat, whisking regularly, until it is thick and bubbling (about 5 mins).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded coconut and vanilla. Place into a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to set and cool completely. To speed things up, you can start it off cooling in the freezer – just don’t forget it in there!
- Remove your cans of coconut cream from the fridge where they have been chilling overnight (preferably longer). Be careful not to shake them. When you open them you’ll see that the cream section has risen to the top leaving the water at the bottom. Scoop out only the cream section of both cans into the bowl of an electric mixer. Throw out the water that’s left behind or use it for something else.
- Starting on low speed, gradually increase speed until the cream is whipped. Add the powdered sugar and whip again. For a full tutorial on making vegan whipped cream, click here.
- When your coconut pudding has cooled and set completely, mix in half of the whipped cream with the coconut pudding. Spread this on top of the walnut/date crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream.
- For the toasted coconut decoration, place 1/4 cup of shredded coconut onto a baking tray. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until nicely browned and fragrant. Allow to cool and dry completely before sprinkling it on top of the pie.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 528
- Sugar: 24.6g
- Sodium: 93mg
- Fat: 43.6g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 34.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 5.6g
Recipe Adapted from https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-coconut-cream-pie/
Buy Coconut Creme here! -----> https://chocolatree.com/products/coconut-creme