Chocolatree Cacao Nibs
ChocolaTree Organic Oasis
Fair-Trade Raw Organic Ecuadorian Cacao Nibs
We source all of our cacao from a family-owned business in Ecuador that works directly with small scale farmers. All farms are certified by USDA Organic and EU Organic Regulation 2092/91. Our cacao comes from the Arriba Nacional cacao plant, a native plant to Ecuador, known for its rich full taste and complex fruity and floral notes.
Cacao nibs are the broken up bits of the cacao bean. They are unsweetened and bitter, but incredibly flavorful. They can be added to smoothies, cereal, granola, or used as a topping for your dessert.
Ingredients: Unprocessed, raw cacao; contains up to 57% cocoa butter (a healthy fat).
Available in 1 and 10 pound bags, buy 3 and save 10%!
BENEFITS OF CACAO
- Neurotransmitters: Cacao helps increase neurotransmitter levels in the brain to promote a positive outlook; facilitates body rejuvenation; promotes a heightened sense of well-being*
- Antioxidants: Cacao has high levels of antioxidant flavinoids (i.e. polyphenols, predominately epicatechin and catechin), up to four times the polyphenol levels found in green tea.
- Serotonin: Cacao helps raise the level of serotonin in the brain, thus acting as mood booster; helps reduce mild PMS systems; promotes a sense of feeling good*
- Endorphins: Stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the "runner's high" a jogger feels after running*
- Phenylethylamine: This is a natural phytochemical found in cacao that is also produced in the brain and released when we are "in love"; acts as mood elevator; helps increase focus and alertness*
- Anandamide: This phytochemical is known as the "bliss chemical" because it is released by the brain when we are feeling great.
- Cacao contains both N-acylethanolamines, believed to temporarily increase the levels of anandamide in the brain and enzyme inhibitors that slow its breakdown; promotes relaxation and sense of well being*
- Heart Health: High levels of magnesium promote cardiovascular health*
Gourmet Chocolatier Hint: Blend cacao nibs into a fine powder in your Vitamix or Blend-Tec, then add to your chocolate treat recipe for an amazing texture!
THIS PRODUCT IS VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE
Try our other healthy cacaoåÊproducts: