This is a seasonal favorite!
Delicious any time of the day.
4 Cups chopped fresh parsnip
¾ Cup finely chopped fresh onion
3 cloves fresh finely chopped garlic
½ Cup chopped fresh celery
½ Cup chopped fresh carrot
1 Tbs. Himalayan salt or real salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbs fresh rosemary (or 3 Tbs of dried rosemary)
½ Cup coconut oil
2 Cups Almond milk (click here to learn how to make your own almond milk)
4 cups pure water
- Sautee the onions, garlic, celery, carrots in the coconut oil in a large pot until the onion starts to brown.
- Add the water, parsnips, salt, pepper and rosemary to the pot and bring to a boil until all the veggies are soft.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add half to a Vitamix with one cup of the almond milk and blend until creamy smooth for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour that mixture into your soup serving container.
- Now add the balance of the cooked mixture and the last cup of almond milk to your Vitamix and do it again.
- Garnish individual bowls with fresh rosemary or parsley (as seen in the picture)
Or for Christmas dinner this past year, I garnished this soup with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!