Pitta Balancing Cilantro Juice
During the remaining hot summer months, keeping the body cool is essential to avoiding many pitta imbalances such as indigestion, diarrhea, rashes, itching, hair loss and headaches.
This delicious Pitta Balancing Cilantro Juice is a wonderful way to soothe the heat of pitta and keep you cool all summer long!
PITTA BALANCING CILANTRO JUICE
3 cups of water
1 bunch of cilantro
1 large cucumber
Juice from 1 lime
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Wash cilantro and chop coarsely add to blender with the stems
2. Peel cucumber and chop cucumber and add to blender
3. Squeeze lime and add juice to blender
4. Add 3 cups of water to blender (High-powered blender like a Vita-mix works well)
5. Blend on high for 1-3 minutes
6. You can drink as is or strain with a fine mesh strainer or nut mylk bag for a smoother consistency. Enjoy!
• Cools excessive heat in the system
• Detoxifies the body
• Removes heavy metals from the tissues (chelation)
• Cleanses, cools and strengthens the liver and blood
• Treats skin issues such as rash, psoriasis, eczema and acne
• Reduces inflammation in the body
• Alleviates eye disorders such as inflammation, infection and degeneration
• Powerful antioxidant source, preventing free-radical damage
Cilantro additionally has its own benefits:
- Highly effective metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL.
- Prevents gas and bloating.
- Wards off urinary tract infections.
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation.
- Can reduce nausea.
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract - an effective bulking agent.
- Fights anemia with high levels of iron, and magnesium.
- Reduces minor swelling.
- Promotes liver health.
- Can be used as an expectorant.
Recipe Courtesy of Hilary Branoff. Hillary Branoff is an Ayurvedic Practitioner, Pancha Karma Technician, Certified Massage Practitioner, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Classical Hatha Yoga Teacher. Hillary has been teaching Yoga since 2001 and working in the field of Ayurveda since 2010. She is most passionate about helping people with sleep, digestion, elimination and purification. When these pillars of health are balanced one will enjoy happiness, vitality, longevity and peace! You can connect with Hillary on her website at Four Pillars Ayurveda.