Cream of Carrot Soup
With carrots in abundance in our gardens, try this delicious warming cream of carrot soup. If you would like it less spicy just add half the amount of ginger and or jalapeño.
10 table carrots - medium to large
Four red potatoes - large
One golden onion
one jalapeño - or less if you'd like less heat or no heat
2 tablespoons ginger/large knuckle
2 tablespoons garlic crushed
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Sauté the garlic onion ginger and jalapeño in coconut oil.
2. Once all above ingredients are slightly golden, add the red potatoes, carrots salt and black pepper and let cook in ceramic pot with the lid on with just its natural waters.
3. Allow all the ingredients to brown and roast a bit.About 15-20 minutes
4. Blend the entire contents in blender with 3 cups almond milk and 3 cups of water. As you blend, pour the blended contents into a new large pot.
- You can use butter milk cream in place of almond milk if you'd like to have a dairy soup instead of vegan.