Simple Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
2 ¼ cups sugar pumpkins (or pumpkin puree)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup light coconut milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
1/4 tsp each of: sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Halve two pumpkins (you can also use canned pumpkin). Scrape out the seeds and string
3. Brush the pumpkin flesh with oil and place face down on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the skin
4. Transfer pumpkin to blender after cooling, and blend with remaining ingredients
Pour mixture into a pot and boil for 10-15 minutes.
Time to eat! Leftovers can keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days, or in the freezer for a month.
Sweet Pumpkin Ice Cream
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
2 cups full fat coconut milk (Make sure it’s cold.)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. Freeze pumpkin puree for 5-6 hours or overnight.
2. Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator.
3. Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
Grab a spoon and enjoy!