Chocolatree, Stone Ground Coverture Cacao Paste
ChocolaTree Organic Oasis
Stone Ground Coverture Cacao Paste
FAIR-TRADE RAW ORGANIC ECUADORIAN CACAO PASTE
Available in 16oz, or 10 pound bag
Enjoy the best organic raw chocolate in the world! Our premium Cacao Paste is stone-ground from the Arriba Nacional (Aroma Defina) variety whole cacao beans, imparting a smooth, creamy texture and rich buttery taste.
We have been grinding our own coverture cacao. It’s actually a higher grade and takes three days to grind. With a slightly more sour flavor because of the fermentation process that it undergoes. This makes it much more desirable similarly to aged wine. It is a pure dark raw cacao and it is the highest one percent grade cacao there is. Actually considered medicinal grade cacao.
Our Cacao is truly raw cacao grown on native soils where no chemicals, fertilizers, or herbicides have ever been used. The cacao has been dried at under 118 degrees and stone-ground (under 118 degrees) to ensure the preservation of all the vital nutrients.
Cacao Paste is ideal for making raw chocolate treats as the oil and fiber from the original cacao bean have not been separated. There is no need to use cacao butter - the butter is still naturally present.
BENEFITS OF CACAO
- Unprocessed, raw bitter cacao; contains up to 57% cocoa butter (a healthy fat)
- Neurotransmitters: Cacao helps increase neurotransmitter levels in the brain to promote a positive outlook; facilitates body rejuvenation; promotes a heightened sense of well-being*
- Antioxidants: Cacao has high levels of antioxidant flavinoids (i.e. polyphenols, predominately epicatechin and catechin), up to four times the polyphenol levels found in green tea.
- Serotonin: Cacao helps raise the level of serotonin in the brain, thus acting as mood booster; helps reduce mild PMS systems; promotes a sense of feeling good*
- Endorphins: Stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the "runner's high" a jogger feels after running*
- Phenylethylamine: This is a natural phytochemical found in cacao that is also produced in the brain and released when we are "in love"; acts as mood elevator; helps increase focus and alertness*
- Anandamide: This phytochemical is known as the "bliss chemical" because it is released by the brain when we are feeling great.
- Cacao contains both N-acylethanolamines, believed to temporarily increase the levels of anandamide in the brain and enzyme inhibitors that slow its breakdown; promotes relaxation and sense of well being*
- Heart Health: High levels of magnesium promote cardiovascular health*
THIS PRODUCT IS RAW, VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE
*Disclaimer: The FDA has not evaluated any of the above statements. Consume at your own risk and gain. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.